Program overview: This 4 days specialty program is designed to provide knowledge and training in emergency medicine pharmacy practice focusing on patient care. The program is designed to allow the participant to become familiar with all aspects of emergency care, demonstrate an understanding and working knowledge and role of ER pharmacist in the management of disease states commonly seen within the ED.
• Define the role of the ER pharmacist.
• Identify the signs and symptoms of the different disease states (including sepsis, fever and neutropenia, diabetic ketoacidosis, dehydration, etc.) presented to the ER.
• Understand the concept of patient centered care.
• Given a patient scenario, select appropriate treatment strategy.
• Develop an appropriate treatment plan for patients presented to the ER.
• Effectively communicate with other Health care professionals.
At the end of the course all participants will be able to: