Program overview: Continuous Professional IPC Training Program (Intensive course)
• raise your knowledge and skills regarding IPC updated guidelines.
• strengthen, and sustain your competencies in infection prevention and control.
• develop and adopt best practices and necessary technology support that makes infection prevention and control efforts more effective.
• promote and advocate for increased awareness of healthcare-associated infections, and active participation and collaboration among healthcare providers to enhance infection prevention and control at all levels.
This training will help you to:
1. Know the elements of a successful IPC system.
2. Understand all the components of a standard IPC program.
3. Conduct surveillance in reference to update CDC criteria.
4. Detect, investigate and manage an outbreak then take proper corrective and preventive actions.
5. Know the importance of “Hospital support Departments and their role in infection prevention and control.
6. Work on prevention is more effective than working on control.
7. Acquire the very specialized skills of IPC lab, either for environment or patient safety.
By the end of this course, the trainee will be able to:
|1||09’:12’12’: 14’ 14’: 16’||Surveillance of HAIs (Automated) Outbreak Investigations Isolation Measures||Dr Sally mohmed Dr Nagwa Khamis Mrs Fadia bekhet|
|2||09’:11’11’: 13’ 13’: 16’||Antimicrobial Stewardship Program Field Study (I am Clean process) Hospital rounds||Dr Nagwa Khamis Mrs Fatma el zahraa Dr Amal Hosny Mrs Fatma el zahraa|
|3||09’:13’13’: 16’||IPC Lab (patient and env. Safety) New Methods in IPC Practice||Dr Nagwa Khamis Dr Amal Hosny Dr Sally Mohamed|